Leading the pack: Keegan Myers elected OASC president

Junior+Keegan+Myers+

PHOTO BY Michael Flores

Junior Keegan Myers

Representing Edmond North High School and setting high standards, senior Keegan Myers is one of the candidates who ran for president of Oklahoma Association of Student Councils (OASC). Myers found out his result on Nov. 14 and was elected president.

On his journey with OASC, Myers became involved due to encouragement from student council (STUCO) and his interest in taking up leadership roles.

“My advice to students interested in leadership roles is to have confidence and drive,” Myers said. “Being a leader does not require some college degree but a desire to make a difference and the drive to make it happen.”

Most students in OASC are also involved in STUCO and are helping out with Myer’s campaigning.

Senior Grace Rykard is one of the students who helped with the campaign by making videos, taking pictures, and contacting her student council friends all over the state to vote.

“Our goal for Keegan’s campaign is to try our hardest to show Keegan’s charismatic and hardworking personality through letting his hair and ideas flow equally,” Rykard said.

Brian Hunter, the sponsor for STUCO at North, has also been involved in helping with Myers campaign.

“Keegan has emerged as a leader through consistent hard work, innovative ideas, and servant leadership,” Hunter said. “He starts every day with smile on his face, and his honesty and positive energy really resonate with people.”

Not only is Myers involved in OASC, but he is also involved in student council, FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes), track, National Honor Society, Mu Alpha Theta, and Spanish club.

Keegan Myers sets an example of taking on leadership roles in high school. With all his hard work and effort, hopefully he is bound to succeed and inspire his fellow Huskies to take advantage of leadership opportunities in high school.

For more information on OASC, visit https://www.oascok.org/

Follow us on twitter @ENHSRuffDraft