Edmond North 2016 Powderpuff Football

Michael Flores

Senior Powderpuff player Avery Harris displays her shirt for the event.

You may have heard “boys of fall” used to describe football players, but what about girls of fall? On Thursday Nov. 10, the annual Edmond North Powderpuff football games took place.

The first game featured the freshman team, coached by senior football player Xavier Stockard, competing against the senior team, coached by senior football player Clay Padgett. The final result of the first game was a blowout for the seniors, who won the game 41-0.

“The seniors had a lot of speed, and my girls were still just trying to learn the game,” Stockard said. “I got to learn off of the first game and make adjustments to prepare for the next game.”

Next up on the schedule was the sophomore team taking on the junior team. The juniors quickly ran away with the game, ending with a final score of 39-8.

“It was a good game; the girls played great and it was a lot of fun,” junior powderpuff player Jordan Burbank said.

In the consolation game the freshman team defeated the sophomores with a final score of 14-0. Freshman player Arielle Harris stood out to Stockard.

“She had a lot of tackles and even had an interception,” Stockard said. “She helped out a lot on defense.”

The championship game was ultimately a defensive battle. The seniors slipped away with a 3-0 win over the juniors.

“My favorite part of the game was when Meagan Moore made the game winning field goal,” Padgett said.

To conclude the 2016 North powderpuff football games, the seniors won it all, carrying on last year’s championship once again.