Bulldog family welcomes new administrator

New+assistant+principle+Keith+Pautler+smiles+for+the+camera.+

New assistant principle Keith Pautler smiles for the camera.

Hannah Prentice, Memorial Staff Writer

With the start of a new school year comes new classes and new faces throughout the halls of Memorial. One new face the Memorial family will be welcoming is the new assistant principal, Keith Pautler.

When interviewing Pautler, it was easy for head principal Anthony Rose to see he would be a good fit for Memorial’s staff.

“He has a great reputation around the district,” Rose said. “Mr. Pautler is known to have a hard work ethic and work well with teachers and students.”

Pautler started his career in education in Indiana, moving to Edmond about eight years ago. Before making the switch to the responsibilities of a principal, he worked as a middle school music teacher and choir director.

“After high school, I was not entirely sure what I wanted to do with my life but I knew I loved music,” Pautler said. “I wanted to make sure students knew the amazing opportunities that could come their way through the performing arts.”

He also has a deep connection to Edmond Public Schools having worked at Washington Irving, Cross Timbers, Charles Haskell, Orvis Risner, Edmond North and Edmond Santa Fe.

“Most recently, I served as the head principal for Ida Freeman Elementary,” Pautler said.

Rose, having been new to Memorial last year, gave Pautler a few tips to help enjoy the school year as much as possible.

“I would advise him to get involved with the traditions at EMHS and get to know the student body,” Rose said. “This is a fantastic family to be part of and he will be a great addition.”

He is excited to follow Rose’s advice and start making memories and meeting students. Junior Johanna Cota is also excited about Pautler starting at Memorial.

“It’s always great having new faculty at the school,” Cota said. “I’m excited to see him become involved with all of Memorial’s traditions and fun activities.”

Along with his love of music and teaching, Pautler enjoys running and riding motorcycles. He plans to ride his motorcycle to school as much as possible.

“I’m excited to have the opportunity to meet the Memorial family, become a part of it and make memories,” Pautler said.

Pautler is excited to be apart of the Bulldog family and cannot wait to share in Memorial’s traditions.

Contact Hannah Prentice at [email protected]