Hashtag Coffee provides #delightful refreshments

Chloe Golightly

Bright signs and even brighter cheer when stepping into this new joint.

Chloe Golightly, North Staff Writer

Over the summer, a new coffee and dessert place opened across from the University of Central Oklahoma called “Hashtag.” A second location also recently opened up on Santa Fe. The cafe serves caffeinated drinks, multiple kinds of desserts, and waffles.

There’s been a lot of hype about this little cafe and it definitely lives up to its reputation as a cute, cozy coffee shop with comfy black couches and tucked away booths.

Among the different drinks were smoothies, soda and different types of coffee including Pumpkin Spice, Hot Chocolate and Caramel Macchiato. After trying the hot Caramel Macchiato, I definitely think I will be coming back to experience the joyful feeling I had when I was there. The Caramel Macchiato was creamy and smooth with a caramel twist for every taste.

The atmosphere provided a relaxed place for friends to talk for many hours while enjoying their drinks. Soft, classical music played in the background as people enjoy each other’s company.

My friend, who does not prefer coffee, tried the strawberry smoothie and thought it had great taste, and was one of the best smoothies she tried. We both agreed that the cafe deserved the many 3-5 star reviews given to it by the community.

“I had tons of fun at Hashtag while talking to my best friend Chloe,” Junior Hannah Brenning said. “My drink was very tasty and I would definitely go back for more!”

On the way out the door, after exclaiming how cute the place was and how we wanted to come back, the barista gave us both coupons for a free drink the next time we went there.

The new, cozy coffee place, Hashtag, lives up to expectations and provides a quiet, snug atmosphere for students and adults to get work done and enjoy the peacefulness of a good cup of coffee.