Royalty members now have to carry piggy pastry slips

There+are+now+piggy+pastry+slips+that+all+royalty+members+are+required+to+keep+while+selling+pastries.+
There are now piggy pastry slips that all royalty members are required to keep while selling pastries.

Photo provided

Photo provided

Kulsoom Ghias, Memorial Staff Writer

This year, Edmond Memorial’s Student Council has issued piggy pastry slips for all royalty members in order to prohibit other students from selling piggy pastries for their own personal gain rather than for the Swine Week recipient. This will further enforce the foundation of principles of this school.

Some students have sold piggy pastries pretending to be part of royalty or student council in order to make a profit. Sometimes, when the list of royalty members was sent to the Memorial staff, a few teachers noticed that some people who were selling piggy pastries were not actually members of royalty. This has happened many times in the past few years during the months prior to Swine Week. As a result, this has caused many to become concerned about the students’ moral compass.

To solve this problem, piggy pasty slips are pink slips that state a royalty member’s name and royalty team number. All royalty members received their passes at the first royalty meeting of the new semester. Student council has advised royalty to always carry their passes when they are selling pastries in order to make this system work flawlessly. Now, if a teacher is suspicious of a student selling  pastries for themselves, they can ask the student for their pass in order to determine a student’s intentions.

The dynamic of money versus values is present not only in the world of business, but also in everyday life. Often times, many have to make a decision between personal monetary gain and their own ethical values when faced with adversity. Students using Swine Week for themselves reflects a selfish behavior that Memorial does not stand for.

Issuing piggy pastry passes is the first step towards encouraging students to question their decisions in order to make a more responsible one. This will help make sure that Memorial is completely invested in raising money for the current Swine Week recipient, Make Promises Happen, and Swine Week recipients in the future.

Contact Kulsoom Ghias at [email protected]

Life Skills 101: more helpful than a regular school day?

• Royalty members now have to carry piggy pastry slips

The problem with Pilot

Time’s Up: the next stage

Senator Adam Pugh’s visit to Edmond Memorial

Unjust reckoning of Dunkirk’s best picture nomination

“Life of the Party” is the perfect Mother’s Day blockbuster

Helping depressing statistics of teen depression

Teachers line up for support

Blog

Faythe’s declassified self esteem survival guide

Justin Timberlake, the “Man of the Woods”