Acknowledging a great teacher

Cara Bowerman, Edmond North Teacher of the Year, poses for her school yearbook picture.

photo provided

Sofia De Francisco, North Staff Writer

Teacher of the Year is an annual achievement that any outstanding teacher at Edmond North High School would be honored to receive. This year, the winner was art teacher Cara Bowerman. Bowerman is an art instructor who has dedicated her time to teaching kids about creativity. Other teachers validating her subject has made Bowerman feel honored and proud to win this award.

Having my peers recognize the hard work that the teachers and students are putting into the classroom and the school is so meaningful,” Bowerman said. “Winning teacher of the year just validates my belief that the arts are important in public schools and that, more so, they are prioritized at Edmond North.”

To win the Teacher of the Year award, a teacher requires some outstanding qualities that differ from the rest of the teachers.

Personally, I try to make my co-workers feel valued and appreciated,” Bowerman said. “I try to recognize other’s achievements and successes as much as possible because in a job where you can sometimes have very little recognition, it is important to stick together and make each other feel special and supported.”

This special award was very significant to Bowerman because it reassured her that art is appreciated and she’s making an impact on Husky students.

If you have anymore question you may contact me @[email protected]