Winter fashion trends 2018

https://www.thetrendspotter.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Top-10-Fashion-Trends-from-Autum-Winter-2018-Fashion-Weeks.jpg

lauren hill, edmond north ruff draft staff writer and photographer

It’s that time of year again, time to bring out your fur coats, thick socks, and lots of coffee. This winter has many new trends that are popping up such as faux fur jackets, animal style ankle boots, and more sweaters than you know what to do with.

This year, it is becoming more common to see snake skin, cheetah print, and even fur boots. Senior Alyssa Hancock loves the different styles of boots that are popping up this year.

“My favorite shoes are these red faux snakeskin ankle boots that my friend wore in her senor pics,” says Hancock.

Even bigger than boots though, are the endless styles of sweaters. Ripped sweaters have become pretty iconic this winter, and when walking down the halls, you can expect to see quite a lot of them. Senior Reid Rathke owns at least 4 ripped sweaters, some of which she borrowed from her older sister who attends Oklahoma University.

“Most girls I know get them from Lucca but they’re really expensive,” says Rathke.

If you aren’t in the mood to spend 60 + dollars on half of a sweater, H&M has many sweaters with similar styles for under 30 dollars. And if that is still too much money to spend, buy a sweater at a thrift store and rip it diy style. Play around with seams and styles of rips. There are many video on youtube teaching viewers how to rip their own clothes instead of buying brand name sweaters.

Nobody said fashion had to be expensive.

Winter fashion trends 2018