Bouncing into homecoming

Bouncing into homecoming

Chloe Scheitzach, Langlee Brown, Kamri Heath and Anna Robertson pose for a picture with head coach Papahronis.

Lauren Minnx, North Staff Writer

On Jan. 18, the Edmond North basketball team hosted their annual homecoming game against Yukon High School. The lady huskies claimed their seventh straight victory with a score of 62-36. The varsity boys lost a hard fight against the Yukon Millers. To celebrate homecoming and the seniors, the basketball teams have a ceremony during half time of the varsity boy’s game to crown a king and queen.

Senior Chloe Scheitzach plays forward for the girl’s varsity team.

“It was so much fun being able to experience homecoming with three of my best friends and gain another victory on our fight to make it to State,” Scheitzach said.

Each year, all of the senior players are a member of the Homecoming court and the winners are chosen by their teammates through voting. The young ladies on Homecoming court were Chloe Scheitzach, Anna Robertson, Kamri Heath and Langlee Brown. The two senior boys were Julian Sullivan and Trey Nolen. The winning king and queen this year were Sullivan and Heath. Heath plays shooting guard and will be attending the Air Force Academy in the fall. Sullivan has not been able to play this year due to tearing his ACL.

“That night was so special for me: from being recognized for scoring 1,000 points, winning homecoming queen and getting another win,” Heath said. “The team really hyped me up all night which just makes me love the special bond we have as a team even more.”

Come out to support the Husky basketball team at their next home game against Stillwater on Feb. 5. The varsity girls play at 6:00 pm and the varsity boys tip off at 7:30 pm.

For any questions or comments please email [email protected]

• Bouncing into homecoming

Project Period helps women in need

• Bouncing into homecoming

Therapy dogs helping the Bulldogs

• Bouncing into homecoming

Pitch fast dream harder

• Bouncing into homecoming

Spectacular Showtimes at Showbiz

• Bouncing into homecoming

Record number of musicians make CODA honors

• Bouncing into homecoming

OCDA all-state choirs take on Yukon

• Bouncing into homecoming

Huskies Head to the Ivys

• Feature

From Greece to America

• Bouncing into homecoming

North Pom is the sweetest in the state

• Bouncing into homecoming

The growing importance of #thinkbeforeyoupost

Bouncing into homecoming