Lady bulldog soccer

Lady bulldog soccer

Memorial's soccer team has just started their season and will continue to compete against many other schools.

Ebonee Miller, Memorial Staff Writer

On the windy morning of Sat. Feb. 23, the Edmond Memorial girls’ soccer team traveled to Tulsa  to compete in a scrimmage against Jenks and Union. They lost to Jenks, but came back stronger to beat Union 1-0.

The girls had a successful first scrimmage, but communication is the key for them to do their best against other teams.

“I would say there’s a lack of communication with the team out on the field,” senior manager Sydney Salas said.

Communication is something big the girls are working on so they can perform as a better team.

The girls are working hard to communicate better as a team and are pushing themselves qualify for state this year.

“I decided that I wanted to be the girls’ soccer manager because I wanted to see my friends play their senior year,” Salas said.

Salas is excited about being the girls soccer manager this year because she loves bonding with all of the players

“I expected the team to do pretty well. I was nervous because Jenks and Union are really good,” freshman player  Makinzy Todd said.

Jenks and Union play very well so they were competition for memorial.

“I knew the outcome would be good because we have a great group of girls working together to win,” said Todd.

Some of the goals for the players are to grow better as a team, develop better skills working with each other and to win games.

“My favorite part of the team is all of the girls, there are so many personalities and it is never boring,” Todd said.

The team played against Deer Creek March 1 and came up short with a loss, struggling through the first half.

“What I love about our team is that no matter what we always give 110% effort and we never quit,” senior player Kaylynn Warren said.

Starting out this year, the team is doing better than they did last year. They are aiming for City Champs this year.

“I enjoyed finally playing on the field with everyone, it has been a while since I played a high school sport and it felt amazing being on the team,” Warren said.

The team as a whole is working hard together to keep moving forward so they can perform better in their future practices and games. For the next game the bulldogs are playing against North March 12.

Contact Ebonee Miller at [email protected].

Ebonee Miller, Memorial Staff Writer

Hello. My name is Ebonee Miller, I am a senior at Edmond Memorial High School. This is my first year as a staff writer for Memorial. I was on the Pom for...

• Lady bulldog soccer

Health issues impacting teens

• Lady bulldog soccer

Attendance policies for exemptions

• Lady bulldog soccer

Bulldogs become regional champs

• Lady bulldog soccer

The new band room has arrived

• Lady bulldog soccer

Should skateboarding be an Olympic event?

• Lady bulldog soccer

Memorial dancer shines on “World of Dance”

• Lady bulldog soccer

The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein

• Lady bulldog soccer

Happy Death Day 2U is 2good 2be true

• Lady bulldog soccer

The impact holding a job has on high schoolers

• Lady bulldog soccer

Beyond the classroom walls: my life as a State Capitol page

Lady bulldog soccer