P!nk flies high during OKC concert

Pink is known for her acrobatic performances throughout her concerts, pictured here.

Hannah Teifke, Memorial Staff Writer

Singer and songwriter P!nk performed at the Chesapeake Energy Arena while on her world tour March 23. Multiple songs from her album “Beautiful Trauma,” were performed as well as some of her most popular single hits.

Alecia Beth Moore, professionally known as P!nk, is a former member of the girl group Choice. In 1995, LaFace records saw great potential for her as a musician and offered her an individual recording contract.

P!nk has had many astounding accomplishments throughout her solo career, such as the Grammy Award for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance in 2003 for her third studio album, “Try This.” After that, she earned two more Grammy Awards as well as a Daytime Emmy Award, two Brit Awards and seven MTV Video Music Awards in recognition for her impressive live performances.

The concert began at 8:00 p.m. with the opening act performed by singer Julia Michaels. She sang her top hit “Issues” and some of the songs from her album, “Inner Monologue,” which was released two months ago.

After another long wait, a note was played loudly on a guitar to gain everyone’s attention and with that, the concert began. A big curtain was pulled down to reveal the other half of the heart-shaped stage, and everything from the dancers’ outfits to the props and the lighting was bright pink, even the large chandelier that P!nk herself was using for acrobatics.

From the moment it started, the concert was amazing. After every few songs, the setting was changed to match a specific theme. About halfway through the concert, music from her single “What About Us” started to play, but before she sang she shared a short story and delivered a powerful and emotional message about female empowerment, which brought a long round of roaring cheers from the audience.

P!nk really lived up to her reputation of having amazing acrobatic performances through the last song of the concert, her 2008 single “So What.” Throughout the song, she did a series of mid-air flips on stage and then flew around the whole arena to high-five the energetic fans sitting in the middle section.  

All the waiting was worth it to see this concert, and I found it very enjoyable, since it provided a fun and energetic atmosphere the entire time. At first I did not know what to expect, but I loved the experience and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone in the areas that the tour has yet to take place in.

Contact Hannah Teifke at [email protected]

• P!nk flies high during OKC concert

March Madness recap

• P!nk flies high during OKC concert

College admissions scandal: the unfair advantages of wealth in America

• P!nk flies high during OKC concert

Fans aren’t “SLEEPING” on Billie Eilish’s new album

• P!nk flies high during OKC concert

Solving the Oklahoma state budget by legalizing cannabis

• P!nk flies high during OKC concert

Vaccinations and the measles outbreak

• P!nk flies high during OKC concert

Logan’s musical journey

• P!nk flies high during OKC concert

Different skateboard brands and how they compare

• P!nk flies high during OKC concert

Dance recognition in the world

• P!nk flies high during OKC concert

“Why Don’t We” go to a concert

• P!nk flies high during OKC concert

A case against Best Picture

P!nk flies high during OKC concert