Pho-nomenal Pho: Pho 54 Review

The+front+of+Pho+54%2C+located+on+J%2C+15001+N+May+Ave.+

Pho-nomenal Pho: Pho 54 Review

The front of Pho 54, located on J, 15001 N May Ave.

Photo provided

Photo provided

Photo provided

Amy Lam, Santa Fe Staff Writer

Living in Edmond, it’s difficult to find good Asian cuisine without traveling far; however, less than fifteen minutes away from 15th Street, Pho 54 on May, west of Quail Springs Mall, is a Vietnamese restaurant that serves a multitude of Vietnamese and Chinese dishes.

What makes this restaurant worth going to is that it is not in the Asian district which is around a 20-25 minute drive from Santa Fe.

The interior of the restaurant is casual with modern decor with customers dressed in casual attire. The menu has many choices to choose from with varieties of rice and noodle dishes. There are various appetizers and many drinks like boba tea and smoothies.

For customers who would rather have the food delivered, the restaurant delivers with the “Doordash” app where the order is placed and delivered by an employee.

In a review found on Yelp.com, they were also very complimentary: “This is absolutely the best Pho you can eat outside of the Asian District. Their other food is also delicious.”

Depending on the order, the food came out around 10-15 minutes after ordering. My family and I ordered steamed rice with Korean Short Rib, Vermicelli with Grilled Pork and Pho with Brisket and Flank. The portions for the food were larger than expected but was very much worth it for the price with each dish being $8.99.

Overall, the food was delicious and the employees and the ambience of the restaurant made our experience very enjoyable.

“I think their pho is really delicious because it has really good flavor and they have so many great things to choose from,” sophomore Everett Daugherty said.

The restaurant itself is very nice and tidy and the staff is very polite with some of them knowing Vietnamese and Chinese to assist customers who don’t know English. From the large portions to the friendly staff, Pho 54 is a great place to eat for customers who are looking for a nearby pho restaurant.

For more information, contact Amy Lam at [email protected].