Meet Dillion Coplin – new Santa Fe teacher

Corrie Warmoth, Santa Fe Staff Writer

On Aug. 19, the halls of Santa Fe filled with students returning to school after a long summer break and it was also the day some teachers received their very first set of students in Santa Fe. Many new teachers joined the pack this school year, including geometry teacher and assistant boy’s basketball coach Dillion Coplin. This is Coplin’s first year teaching and he is ready to enlighten the lives of his students.

“My goal this year is to make as many relationships as I can and make an impact in this school,” Coplin said. “I also want to continue to grab information from my coworkers and to become the best teacher that I can.”

Coplin attended Oklahoma Christian University where he majored in physical education and was alternatively certified in special education in math. He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in 2015 and had the opportunity to work with the special wolves as a teacher assistant (TA) at Santa Fe last year.

“[Santa Fe] is a great community with great teachers that makes you want to come to work every day,” Coplin said.

His experience from being TA has helped him grow accustomed to the special qualities that make up Santa Fe. He wants to be as invested in his students as much as he can and hopes to guide them through their education at the best of his abilities. With his classes, Coplin has a set of students he can help form into mature adults and help them attain the goals they wish to attain.

Coplin is one of many teachers who have stood in front of Santa Fe students for the first time this year. This being the first year of teacher, he is ready to grow as a teacher and learn from those more experienced.

You can reach this reporter at [email protected]