Boren bolsters the science hall

Gabe Kindt

Physics teacher Paul Boren

Adeline Gruen, Co-Editor-in-Chief

A new school year often means new teachers joining Edmond Memorial High School. Physics teacher Paul Boren is just one of the school’s newest additions. 

Boren knew he wanted to be a teacher, just not exactly what he wanted to teach. After taking Physics at Edmond North, he finally decided what he wanted to teach.

“For the longest time I thought I would be a band director and then in high school I had a really great physics teacher and he inspired me to go take the route in STEM,” Boren said.

Boren graduated from Oklahoma State University (OSU) with a degree in Physics. While he was there, he joined a program to help teach high school students.

“I worked with a college outreach program called Upward Bounds at OSU and there I taught high school kids over the summers and courses in all different kinds of sciences,” Boren said.

After growing up in Edmond, Boren was looking forward to the opportunity to teach here too. Despite being a graduate from Edmond North, he feels welcomed by everyone at Memorial.

“I feel like they talk a lot about the Bulldog family and I think it’s very much a real thing. I feel very much a part of the family even being a North graduate. I really love being here already,” Boren said.

Even though the school year has just started, Boren is already looking forward to teaching at Memorial for years to come.

Contact Adeline Gruen at [email protected]