Coach Allen: Memorial’s newest friendly face

Jamison Joyce, Staff Writer

Teacher and coach, Josh Allen, is new to the Edmond Memorial High School teaching staff this 2021-22 school year. Allen will be teaching Oklahoma History in the Freshman Academy as well as coaching the football team

“I’ve always been interested in history, and I also love football. So when I found out about a profession that involves both, it was just a natural course of action,” Allen said.

Allen feels that Oklahoma History contains lots of important knowledge about the real world and being a better member of our society.

In Allen’s classroom, he promotes listening, understanding other people, and appreciation of diversity in Oklahoma and the rest of the world.

“I just want to teach my students how to respect the opinions and beliefs of others and to respect the diversity of humankind,” Allen said.

With almost more than two decades of teaching at different schools, Allen has a special appreciation and sense of pride in the Bulldog student body and staff.

“I’ve taught in several high schools, and Memorial has some of the best morale between students and teachers,” Allen said “All the tradition and school spirit is great at Memorial.”

Allen also makes an effort to build a fun learning environment in his classroom through strong student-teacher bonds.

“I want to build a relationship with my students that makes my classroom a place they don’t dread and a place they feel comfortable learning,” Allen said.

Coach Allen’s dedication to being an effective educator and a friendly face to students is one of a kind and a great addition to the Edmond Memorial staff.

Contact Jamison Joyce at [email protected]