The student news sites of Edmond Memorial High School.

Polls

This poll has ended.

Favorite cereal?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Scary movie night: A spooky tradition

Jordan Graham
Students enjoy a chilly night of friends and a great movie.

As the Halloween holiday is creeping up, it is time for fun spooky activities like Edmond Memorial High School’s scary movie night. The scary movie night event is hosted on the school’s football field and is open to all grade levels. It presents students with an opportunity to spend time with friends while enjoying a Halloween classic in the cool fall weather. 

EMHS scary movie night is a fun Halloween tradition that not only helps the school’s finances through the small admission fee but also supports the students by giving them a fun way to rest and recharge from schoolwork, enjoy a fun movie and spend quality time with their friends. 

Many people attend scary movie night but not too many where the football field is crowded. One of my favorite things about this event is that it’s a unique opportunity that you couldn’t find elsewhere, and it allows you to have fun while showing school spirit and support. 

The movie shown this year was Coraline, a popular horror movie that is about a young girl who finds an alternate world beyond a small door in her home. Although this world seems similar to her own, not everything is as it seems. Scary Movie Night encourages students to have fun with their friends while benefiting the school’s finances through the $5 admission fee. This money goes towards events like Swine Week, student council and other organizations throughout the school. Swine Week and these other events help keep school spirit high and keep students engaged with their school. 

Although many people would rather see a movie in the comfort of an indoor theater, the cold weather while watching the movie on the big screen only adds to the excitement of this event. Many students choose to bring blankets and snacks in order to keep warm and enjoy the show. Some also bring lawn chairs in order to have a comfortable place to sit. 

This event is one of my favorites because it’s simple and fun and is a great opportunity to spend quality time with friends. Bringing blankets and snacks and hanging out with friends while enjoying a Halloween movie is the perfect way to enjoy spooky season while also helping out the school. Make sure to attend this event next year for some spooky sights. 

Contact Emma Eischeid at [email protected]

About the Contributors
Emma Eischeid
Emma Eischeid, Staff Writer

Hi, my name is Emma Eischeid and I am a junior. This is my second full year writing for the Ruff Draft staff as a staff member. I joined the newspaper as a freshman because I wanted to try something new and I'm so glad I did. My favorite articles to write are either news or features. In my free time, I love to drive my Jeep, go fishing, and spend time outdoors.

Jordan Graham
Jordan Graham, Co-Editor-in-Chief
Hello! I am Jordan Graham and a senior here at memorial. I am currently one of the Co-Editors and a fourth year journalist for Ruff Draft! Outside of school, I am an Eagle scout and have a love for drawing and all things art. I’m excited for my last year in Newspaper and look forward to this amazing year.