Favorite cereal?

Fall is here and so are the seasonal coffees

Pumpkin spice season is back along with the seasonal coffees.

Fall is in the air, and with fall comes pumpkin patches, hay rides, cool weather and sipping on a pumpkin spice-flavored coffee. Each coffee shop is reintroducing its own unique drinks, including the Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice latte, the Caramel Pumpkin Brulee cold brew from Dutch Bros and the Pumpkin Spice latte from Scooters Coffee, with these examples being only one of each shop’s multiple fall-themed options. Each of these drinks comes in a simple plastic cup branded with each company’s logo if it’s iced and a paper cup if one chooses to have the coffee hot. 

It is hard to go wrong with an original, and Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice latte proves this theory. Costing $5.95 before tips for a grande, this drink is a simple yet delicious fall treat. With notes of pumpkin mixed with the classic latte flavor, it is a go-to drink for many pumpkin spice enthusiasts. I would not say this drink is worth the price, as it is quite a simple drink and is not worth almost six dollars in my opinion. I personally recommend this to anyone who is not looking for an overwhelming pumpkin flavor but still wants to enjoy the seasonal coffees. 

Putting a twist on the classic pumpkin spice drink, the $8 Caramel Pumpkin Brulee Cold Brew from Dutch Bros combines all three flavors of pumpkin spice, coffee and caramel into one delicious drink. With a touch of crunch from the caramel sprinkle topping, a more prominent pumpkin flavor and a smoother taste of coffee, this drink is the perfect mix of fall flavors. Since this drink has so many components and offers a complex blend of flavors, I would say it’s worth every penny of its eight-dollar price tag before tips. I would recommend this drink to someone who is looking for a more complex specialty drink with more prominent flavors. 

Classics are often hard to beat, which remains true for the Scooter’s Pumpkin Spice latte. This $8 drink is similar to Starbucks but has a strong pumpkin flavor with a less pronounced coffee flavor. It is an uncomplicated blend of the two flavors.  Eight dollars without tips for another simple latte is too much in my opinion, since it doesn’t bring much to the table, which makes for a nice drink but an overpriced tag. I would recommend this drink to someone who is looking for a stronger pumpkin flavor and a fainter latte taste. 

A new season has begun, and that means new additions to many local coffee shops menus. All the fall activities from hay rides to picking out the perfect pumpkin at the patch are even better when enjoying the perfect seasonal drink. Scooters, Dutch Bros and Starbucks each have something unique to offer during the autumn season. 

Contact Emma Eischeid at [email protected]

About the Contributor
Emma Eischeid
Emma Eischeid, Staff Writer

Hi, my name is Emma Eischeid and I am a junior. This is my second full year writing for the Ruff Draft staff as a staff member. I joined the newspaper as a freshman because I wanted to try something new and I'm so glad I did. My favorite articles to write are either news or features. In my free time, I love to drive my Jeep, go fishing, and spend time outdoors.