Favorite cereal?

Beth Damon: The award catcher

Beth+Damon+catching+the+awards%21+
Beth Damon catching the awards!

This year the Edmond Memorial High School softball team had a phenomenal season, winning regionals and state runner-up. This success was in part thanks to Lady Bulldog catcher Beth Damon, who has won several awards for hard work, making the Central Oklahoma Athletic Conference’s All-Conference first team and All State. Damon also won the All Regional Catcher and District Player of the Year awards. 

“I did my best to stay consistent,” Damon said. “My goals for this season were to focus on hitting the ball hard on offense and to work to the best of my ability for my pitchers on defense. For the most part, I was able to be successful at these two things leading to the awards working themselves out.” 

On Nov. 10, EMHS had college signing day. Damon is hoping that she can be accepted into the University of Central Florida, due to their softball program. 

Damon has worked very hard to be where she is right now.  Head softball coach, Kayla Carlsward, noticed that Damons effort on the field. They love having Damon on the team, due to her knowledge with her softball IQ.  

With Damon being someone that everyone depends on, Damon is always helping out on the field. With Damon loving softball as  much as she can, it is nice to have her on the field, with how much she understands softball. 

“Beth really helped the pitchers settle in having her behind the plate this year as catcher. It is nice to have an athlete with a softball IQ like her behind the plate, and truly understand the game to be a captain,” Carlsward said. She has worked diligently to understand the game in depth of her knowledge. 

Most people that meet Damon will agree that she is passionate about softball, and does well in school. This year, Damon won an award that will help increase chances to be accepted into the college that she wants to attend. 

“Beth earned herself the Allstate award by her performance throughout her time as a Bulldog. She finished her career with a 526 batting average and that alone deserves to be recognized for,” Carlsward said. 

Junior Kensington Perrotti, an outfielder for the Lady Bulldogs, is also on the softball team. Perotti describes the season and how Damon won her the Allstate Award. 

“Beth is the hardest worker I know, and nobody deserves it more than her,” Perotti said. 

This is one of the many different people that agree that Damon deserves this award. 

“Beth puts in work on and off the field. She treats softball like it is her everything. Beth has never let anything interfere with her softball life, and this is one of the reasons why Beth has succeed as much as she had. Softball is one of the things that Beth really cares about,” Perotti said. 

Even though our EMHS softball season did not go as planned, it was still full of experiences and many different awards. Damon set her goals and plans to achieve them, no matter what. 

Contact Jordan Moore at ruffdraftemhs@edmondschools.net 

About the Contributor
Jordan Moore
Jordan Moore, Staff Writer
Hey there! My name is Jordan Moore, I’m a sophomore here at Memorial. This will be my first year on staff, the intro class was so fun! Outside of school, I work at a pizza parlor, and work on our property. Fun fact about me is that I have 10 other siblings, and they’re all boys! I love reading, and the outdoors. I hope this year is amazing, and I will continue to write for the Ruff Draft for many years to come!